Monday, May 30, 2011

Creative Team Work~G.C.D. Studios

Hello scrapping friends!

Today I'm sharing some Creative Team work that I did for Flying Unicorn. I worked on this layout for awhile trying to incorporate some prettiness but still keep it boyish..not sure if I pulled it off or not..lol

I used paper from G.C.D. Studios from their Ella Blue collection. It's truly beautiful!
Everything but the Dusty Attic chippies are from the Flying Unicorn Store. Though Flying Unicorn does carry Dusty Attic and Scrap FX chipboard!!!!

The frame I made out of Tim Holtz Grungepaper and did a painting/stamping technique that I'll share on tutorial on later if you're interested.  I used my brick stamp to get the effect.


I used Copic markers on the Dusty Attic mushrooms and topped them off with Rock Candy.
For the Dusty Attic Chicken Wire Panel I stitched several criss-cross stitches just to give it a little more detail. I was going to run vine thru it, but it was just 'too much'.

Don't forget!! The new June kit "Treasured Moments" from Flying Unicorn will reveal on June 1st!! Click HERE to see some sneak peeks of what's coming!! 

If you haven't joined our forum, I sure hope you pop on over and do so! We've got lots of fun, friendly scrappers!!

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate each and every one of you, and hope you get inspired to be crafty!

Till next time, Happy Scrappin!!







Products used: G.C.D. Studios Ella Blue Collection, Faded Jeans Distress ink, Zva crystal flourish, Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Vintage Photo, Copic markers in Pale Olive and Sepia, Dusty Attic Chipboard-Chicken Wire and Mushrooms, Bo Bunny Gabrielle embellishment~butterfly, Flying Unicorn flowers, Prima flower-Bella Notte collection, Rock Candy Crackle paint, Ranger Paint Dabber in Pool and Espresso, Tim Holtz Embossing Ink, Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder. Twine, lace and floss. Title is from Creative Memories.

6 comments:

  1. very beautiful Denise :) love that paper ..gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout. Like the "remember", the sewn on chicken wire, colors and photo. All well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALways great details....like the grunge frame and the way you colored the mushrooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Denise. The stitching really brings something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are certain paper lines I love to "collect" ehemm....(hoard) and GCD is one of those!!!! I looooove seeing the older lines with pops of new techniques and embellies! I love the DA chicken wire!!!! The mushrooms are just precious!!!!! I would love to see how you did the brick mat! I have the folder but always searching for a new "thang"! :) I did order some DA through Flying Unicorn and was blown away at how FAST my order was received in Oklahoma! 2 DAYS!!!! ps...this was when they were offering free shipping !! Will definitely be reordering!!!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~