Monday, January 16, 2012

Ruby Rock It-Le Jardin & Mojo Monday


Hey scrappers!

This week at Flying Unicorn, we are putting a fabulous company from Australia in the spotlight! Ruby Rock It has some beautiful high quality scrapbooking goodies that are so fun to work with! I got to work with the gorgeous Le Jardin collection. You can find  this collection as well as their Avalon and Beloved Wedding lines HERE in the Flying Unicorn Store. You also get 10% off all Ruby Rock It products until Jan 22!! 


For my first layout I did, I chose a picture of my nephew and his new baby sister. He's giving her his 'first kiss' and it's such a precious moment to capture. First I cut out a circle from one sheet from the collection and punched around it, taking the cut out piece and using it for a 'frame' so to speak. Misted the outside of a doily with Cadillac Pink Glimmer Mist and added it before I continued on..



The rub ons in the collection are really nice to work with. I cut each word out of one phrase to get it around the arch of the circle like I wanted. I painted some Dusty Attic with Picket Fence Crackle paint and topped it with a beautiful Flying Unicorn flower which I added some Prima leaves on to. I also took a small piece of cardboard, ran it thru my crimper and painted it..then added my masking to it.

I used lots of Flying Unicorn flowers, along with some Prima and Kaisercraft as well. The sheer trim is from the Le Jardin collection, and the white 'bloomers' are Tim Holtz. The bridge is Shabby Chic Resin from Prima.
 The word 'first' is Websters alpha stickers and I used the scrabble tiles, courtesy of Lisa Gregory, to add the word 'kiss'. You can find her Scrabble Tiles tutorial and her tutorial for using your punch around the circle on her blog.


I made a tag for Valentiines Day with some of the scraps I had..
I did do another LO using the Le Jardin collection, although I'm going to add more to it. After I photographed it..it just didn't look finished, so I took it back to the drawing board to see what else I could do with it. But here are some sneaks of that one.

I will share it when it's completed!!

We can't forget about our Mojo Monday!! This weeks sketch was created by our very fab CT member Tammy! Isn't it gorgeous!!


Thank you all for stopping by and don't forget about our Polar Bear and Pj's Crop coming up on Jan 20th!! Only a few days away! We'll be having challenges, giveaways and some fun games for you to participate in!! Click HERE  for all the details!!

Oh..and I have a secret..we have a VERY special talented Guest Designer coming in February!!! You won't want to miss it!!

Till next time, Happy Scrappin!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Denise .. you really rocked it! Love the new blog background ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous work,love the first Layout,love all the fab details and colours are fab too.:):)

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~