Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Scrap Cake "The Bright Side of Life Collection"

When Alda first uploaded the new Scrap Cake collection in the store, my jaw dropped and I started drooling all over my keyboard. I had to have some of that paper!! The last collection I worked with from The Scrap Cake was "Spring Awakening" and I loved the quality of the paper....and this collection is just as nice!

I used a picture of my darling grandson on his first merry go round. I'm lucky that he's still so little that I can use flowers for his layout..lol I have a feeling that when he's older he's not going to like that.
Most of the flowers are from Prima and Flying Unicorn. I love Alda's flowers..Click HERE  to see some..they're amazing! The chipboard is Imaginarium and also from the Flying Unicorn Store. I also mixed a little Websters trim in there too.

I used Lisa Gregory's circle punch tutorial  to add the design around the center circle. Very simple to do..check it out if  you get a chance. I also used some of her butterflies she makes for Swirlydoos which I think you can find on her blog. Here are some close ups:



Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope to see you at the Flying Forum for some fun challenges!! Our next challenge group will start in August, but there is still time to join in some!! So come and see us!!

Till next time..happy scrappin!!

6 comments:

  1. what a cutie pie...this is just gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Denise...Love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...so precious & that baby is just adorable. The two beauties are a work of art.
    I love your creations!
    I have missed visiting your blog.
    Sorry for the delay.
    So glad I made it back here. You always inspire me. I am in awe of your works from the heart!!!
    Love ya,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what a wonderful page...gorgeous circle punching too! I recently used a corner punch on a large oval matting and it worked great! Sweet details, as usual. By the way, mentioned you in yesterdays post on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful and loving everything on this page! I am now your new follower and I know I will keep on coming over here and do check out my blog whenever you can. I am also going to visit Flying Unicorn and your mini album for swap are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful Denise! Love every detail and those pp's are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~