Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June Kit Creations


Hey scrapping friends!!
Denise here to share a few projects I did using the new June kit, "Ocean Breeze and Summer Skies" from Flying Unicorn!
This kit was jam packed once again with the most beautiful papers, flowers and embellies. I really loved the pearl watercolors that were included too! Alda has that special touch coordinating the kits..they really are amazing!

Here is my first LO I will share with you. It's a pic of my grandson (of course) and I used the Kaisercraft papers and other goodies from the kit.

 I started by stamping the background with Gesso. I used my new Lucky 8 punch (Lace Kerchief) for the green KC paper and distressed around the edges. Did a bit of sewing as well. I placed some little tag/banners in the top and used my white pen to dot around the edges.

 I dabbed some Gesso on the flower and painted on the wooden flower with it as well.
 I used pop dots for the balloons. The balloons were fussy cut from the Up Up and Away paper from the kit. Butterflies were some I had left over from Lisa Gregorys files.
 This next lo is a pic of me and my wonderful parents. Most everything you see other than the DA frame and large red flower is from the kit too.
 I started by sewing the edging, and cutting the DA frame apart which I then painted with Glam and dabbed with Gesso here and there. Here are a couple close ups

 I painted the WE chippie letters from the kit with Glam and cut out a flourish using the cardstock from the add on kit. Then topped it all off with Liquid Pearls in Bisque.
 Last I will share my OTP with you. The OTP was so fun to put together..my mind went in a thousand different directions trying to figure out what I wanted to do. My daughter found all my seashells and gave me the idea to go for a beach theme.
 I used the blue watercolors from the kit to paint it and then smeared some Gesso to make it look more 'washed'.


 Thanks for stopping by!! I appreciate all of you for taking the time to check out our new kit from Flying Unicorn!! I hope you get inspired to create something today!!

1 comment:

  1. ooooo just love these and I have a question....what did you use to mask the birdhouse? just gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~