Wednesday, February 19, 2014

13 Days with 13 Arts

It's been an exciting week with our awesome 13 Days with 13 Arts promotion!! I've been waiting on pins and needles to share my creation with you. I also have a quick tutorial on how I used the Glass Filler with the Gesso and Mists to create texture on my clouds and background.
I used 13 Arts Timeless Collection, 13 Arts Gesso, 13 Arts Matte Paints , 13 Arts Mists and 13 Arts Glass Filler. I tell you 13 Arts Gesso has quickly become my FAVORITE to work with!


 Check out the cool texture on the clouds. This was done using Gesso, Paint and Mists as was the background texture. First I painted the clouds with a  bit of white gesso, misted with a mix of Navy and Sky Blue. I then mixed some glass filler into some Matte Turquoise Paint and dabbed it on here and there

Here is a quick and easy 3 step tute on how I did the textured background. I think it would be great for art journal pages!


1. Add Gesso and glass filler together.

 2. Add in Mist

3.Mix well using a palette knife/tool

Tip; Add to project as soon as you can or it may harden up too much to use.

Now if you have been following along this week you know Aida at 13 Arts is giving out some awesome RAK's!!! All you have to do is head over to the 13 Arts Facebook Page. Between 7 am and 9 pm EST today be sure to "Like" their page, and share the project of the day. Aida will chose a winner and it could be you!

Here is the RAK that you could win today!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea. Thank you :)
    Working very much in the spring type. I really like it.
    hugs Mila

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great background, thank you Denise for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, shows boys and flowers can go together. Love the textured background, thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~