Happy PDT! Today I am sharing a very easy and quick tutorial for a shabby fabric flower. It's been a while since I have made these and I first saw something along these lines from Melissa Samuels.
Here is a layout with one of the flowers.
Supplies you will need:
Different strips of fabric. I used Burlap, Cheesecloth, Muslin, and Lace.
1. Cut fabrics into small strips. The size depends on how big you want your flower.
2. Stack your strips by alternating fabrics throughout.
3. Next, use your twine to wrap around and tie tightly.
4. Start spreading strips outward to form the shape of your flower
5. Trim off excess/shape it up and add your center.
For you center you can use anything! Make a bow out of the twine and glue it down..use a brad or a button..top it off with another flower. The possibilities are endless here!
You can even give it some color by using some mist! I used Shimmerz Caribbean Sunset Spritz.
Hope you enjoyed today's PDT!
13 Arts Starlight paper
13 Arts Gesso
13 Arts Mika Flakes
13 Arts Yellow Mist
Lindys Mist in Tiger Lily Red
Petaloo DIY flowers
Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments-Leaves
Creative Embellishments Chipboard
Asst. flowers from stash