Sunday, June 20, 2010

Harmony~ New Layout using Onirie papers



Hi Scrapping friends!

Well I've been trying to get the mojo back since being under the weather and pulled out these beautiful Onirie papers that I ordered from Snobby Walrus to start another layout. These papers are SO rich and vibrant in color that the pictures I took do not do them justice! I love the large butterflies and floral designs on these. Simply amazing.

I also ordered some Prima vine branches with my Onirie papers because they looked so well together. Seemed like the just fit perfectly. (oh and on a side note...everytime I order from Snobby Walrus I've gotten GREAT service...shipping is fast too!)

Here is the layout using the Onirie papers:

I did some cut out work on the flowers from one paper and used it on my base pp.

I also added some musical rub ons and the Harmony sticker from my past Swirlydoos kits. I love texture and I try to incorporate some sort of texture in all my projects. For this one I took a piece of copper metal foil and used my Cuttlebug to emboss which I then cut out and glued down using the Harmony cardstock sticker. It was pretty tedious and not sure if I did the best cutting job..but I LOVE the way it looks.
I made some of the flowers and the rest is from my stash..mostly Prima. Added some pearls and the Prima Cherry Blossom Vine which just made it pop because the colors matched so well. I used Aged Mahogany Distress Ink around the edges of the paper and cut out the large butterflies from a different paper from Onirie, which I then used UTEE on to make them sturdy and shiny.
This layout was pretty simple, nothing too dramatic that I worked with but it was fun to do. Hope you get inspired to be creative this week!!

Till next time..Happy Scrappin!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning!! Love the variety of flowers & the texture of the metal foil!! I def think you got your mojo back!!
    BTW, I'm sooo glad that you are getting great service at SW...I've been totally impressed with them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! I've never heard of this line of paper before. Had to check it out over at Snobby Walrus. It's beautiful.Might have to take the plunge and buy some. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning page Denise, the papers are amazing and I love the Prima branch on it.

    Love the embossing, I think you did a wonderful job at hand cutting. Well done.

    Mel from Dreamer.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~