Friday, May 28, 2010

For Adie~

A dear friend of mine, Adie, is getting married to the man of her dreams in August. She asked me if I could do a layout for her using one of her engagement pictures. I LOVE to do stuff like this and can only hope I came up with something she'll love. (always scares me that I go overboard on flowers)

One of her colors is this beautiful blue and I had such a hard time trying to match it with the perfect paper. I still didn't get it exact, but it's pretty close. As soon as the new June kit from Swirlydoos came in..I knew it'd be the best bet for this layout.

I used UTEE on the paper butterflies to make them sturdy. Added pearls for edging, and found the sheet music for their wedding song online and used that as a background to add something special. I bunched up some netting too and added some bling on the bottom. I used a ribbon piece from Websters Life's Portrait collection that reads " believe in the beauty of your dreams"
Last but not least, I found a metal embellishment in my stash that was perfect for these two lovebirds!!
I just hope she likes it!!

Thanks for stopping by and till next time..Happy Scrappin!!

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Denise!! I just love the idea of putting the sheet music in the background. I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise - love the soft delicateness of this layout. All of your embellishments are beautiful and I especially love the pearls around the layout and the tulle! How sweet of you to make this beautiful layout for your friend. If it was for me, I would always treasure it, and I'm sure she will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous! lovely keepsake!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~