Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Junie" ***Swirlydoos October Kit ~Lavender Escape~


Hi scrapping friends!

I really am loving Swirlydoos new October kit.."Lavender Escape". It  has so much to work with..very versatile with all the new Websters, and matching goodies.

My daughter found this photo of me and my Uncle Junie when I was little, and I knew I  had to scrap it! He was the world to me. He was truly a great person. Never a bad word, always caring. He was born with Downs Syndrome and my Grandmother was told by her Dr.s back then, to put him in a hospital..well she told them all to go to hell. She raised him and took care of him until the day he passed away. I remember alot of those days. He loved his TV Guide collection, Country music, and typing. This is the lo I'd like to share:
The lighting of the photo isn't that great, so I apologize. The beautiful Websters pp, large Prima flower and purple ribbon around the frame are all included in the kit. You can get the butterflies from HERE courtesy of the most talented Lisa Gregory.

I rolled up a corner of the paper and tied it with twine..adding a embellie from Tim Holtz. I also had to journal. Sometimes I'll journal and sometimes I won't..but with this lo, I wanted it speak for me.
The journaling reads:

If ever there were a time
that I miss the most,
It is the time I spent
with you.
You were always so full of love,
so full of life..always kind and caring.
People saw you as different.
People were cruel back then.
I wish you were here today,
To see how much people have changed.
I wish you were here.
collecting your TV Guides,
Playing on your typewriter.
I wish you were here, but you're not.
It makes me sad, but I understand.
It was time for you to spread your wings..
And Fly.




Well thank you for letting me share this with you!! Take care and till next time..Happy Scrappin!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the detail shots. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Love the gorgeous details, esp the rolled paper tied with twine! The flower cluster is just stunning!! Love the journaling....what great memories you have of your uncle Junie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great how a picture can bring back so many memories? What a fun picture for your daughter to find!! Great page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise, I am catching up with your creations. This one brought a tear to my eye once I read the journaling & looked at all again. It is so extremely beautiful. I adore the rolled up paper, flowers, the colors...your grasp of beauty has been instilled in you since you were a child. So lovely!
    By the way, I was asked to participate in a blog hop which takes place today. I hope you can stop by. I am having giveaways.
    I love the other layouts below this one. The look is wonderful, my daughter loves it too.
    As always it is great to see your works of art from the heart.
    Crafty hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is such a beautiful layout! Thank you so much for becoming a follower, I just followed you too! I love your projects and the vintage feel of your blog and love the Twighlight music!!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~