Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hi everyone!
Today I will be sharing a BAP tutorial on a very easy to do layout using items from the new Your Passion Your Art kit. I wanted to do something easy for those that may be just beginning to scrapbook or using mixed media for the first time.
What I love about the Flying Unicorn kit and add ons is that they mesh so well together. This layout was created using bits and pieces of the Main Kit and Add on's and the  items from my stash are Gesso, a small piece of burlap, a couple of Prima leaves and some adhesive buttons for my flowers.
DeniseMainSept3
Before we start, let me apologize for some of the photos. Living in ND you never know what kind of weather you will get! lol! No sunshine makes for dimmer pictures.
For my layout I chose to use the Bo Bunny sheet "Prose" and the Prima Weaving stencil from the main kit.
DSC_0060

I offset the stencil somewhat and covered the left side and a bit of the right side of the paper using 13 Arts Gesso.
DSC_0061
DSC_0068
Using a small paintbrush and the Shimmeringz from the Mixed Art and Shimmerz Mist from the main kit, I added some color to the page.
DSC_0077
DSC_0087
Next I painted the Creative Embellishments branches from the Small Art kit with some acrylic paint and spritzed with the Shimmerz Mist.
DSC_0085
Now let's put our page together.
Adhere the branches to the page
DSC_0092
Next, build the flower cluster at a slight curve being sure to overlap on the branches. Tuck in some leaves if you so choose. Add a small piece of fabric or burlap as shown and add smaller flower on the side.
DSC_0102
Using some of the stickers from the Bo Bunny Juliet Combo Sticker sheet I placed them between the flowers
DSC_0108
Last step is to paint one of the Creative Embellishments birds and adhere it to the top branch. I used white paint and a little chalk ink. I did a little stamping on the layout when I was finished to add a little something.
DSC_0131

Hope you get inspired to create!
Denise







No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~