Sunday, January 13, 2013

Carpe Diem-January Kit @ Flying Unicorn

Hi Scrapping Friends!!

I just want to share with you a couple of lo's I did using the January kit "Carpe Diem" from Flying Unicorn!

This kit is packed with Pink Paislee, Basic Grey, Fancy Pants, and so much more! The add ons are amazing and I really liked playing around with the little banners and envelopes in the Embellishment kit and of course the masks!!!

This first LO I did was fun to make..I LOVE this photo of my nephew and I chose some Basic Grey papers to use with it.


Aren't the little banners and envelopes not the cutest?! I chose some flowers from the main kit along with the Prima Vine from the Flower Add On  I distressed and layerd, and used scraps of paper to add on top of the main piece. I also have a large lid and swabbed some paint on it to make my circles. I framed the little man using one of the circles too for detail. And of course..I'm not a perfect paper puncher sometimes! lol I like the shabby look it gives. The Bo Bunny flowers were some of my faves to work with!


This next LO I chose to use some more BG sheets. I chose Peacock and Half Penny to work with. I did some layering, and stamping behind the picture. I also used the little TA Masks included in the Embellishment kit. I made the blue flowers out of the cardstock from the cardstock add on as well. I always like to have extra cardstock on hand..there is SO much you can do with it!! I forgot to take close ups of the LO! Such a dork!! lol I also used Diamond Dust on the vine and flowers to get a snowy effect



This last one I'll share is a pic of my beautiful neice's baby girl...little sister to the little man in the first lo. I am not sure I'm 100% happy with this LO but ah well..that is the way it goes..lol


My bird bath is crooked..lol but I do love the effect the Aged Embossing Enamel has on the chipboard!




Well thanks for taking a peek...I hope you got a chance to grab one of the fabulous kits! I just got my February kit..and omgosh..it's SO me! I can't wait to show you! I will be sharing my January OTP later this month!

Happy Scrappin!






2 comments:

  1. Denise I love all three of these layouts. Love that masking... so pretty. The paper is wonderful and the designs of the layout just might be stolen a little later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Denise! All the layouts are gorgeous. Love all your details and the techniques look so intricate. Absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~