Thursday, December 24, 2009

Frosty Winter

I love the look of the frost on the trees here. So last weekend, we went out so I could take some pics of it before it was gone. I think it is truly beautiful. I have several pictures I did and am deciding if I want to do them all in lo's or make a mini album. What do u think? Well I started with a lo of me and my dsd's. I love this photo and really wanted to try to capture that 'frost' feeling of winter, but without traditional colors..etc.

I chose to use "Bo Bunny's Snowy Serenade Die Cut Glitter" available here. I love using die cut pp in lo's. It makes them much more interesting.



A few close ups to see detail:
I used stickles to try to add a little giltter. I used it on the scrolls and lettering.




For the frosty lettering, I inked it first with Raisin Alcohol ink and then dipped a toothbrush in white paint and used the splattering effect, then topped with Icicle Stickles.


Products used:

Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade Glitter Die Cut
K and Company Life's Journey PP
Making Memories Ledger Epoxy Metal Frames
Imaginisce Paper Flowers in Amethyst
Graphic 45 Christmas Past pp
Tim Holtz spinner and sprocket gear
Adirondack Raisin Alcohol Ink
Adirondack Currant Alcohol Ink
Tim Holtz Blending tool
Stickles-Icicle
Home Accents Cricut Cartridge
Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge
Tim Holtz Fragments
Glossy Accents
Prima Artful Collage flowers
Inspirables Simply Botanicals Sticker

As always if you're looking for these products or any others please visit us at Pages in Time! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Be blessed


5 comments:

  1. Denise,

    This is such a beautiful layout. I also have these papers and have a picture already picked out for it. The lace you used is beautiful. I frequent a local fabric store just for their beautiful laces. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a little love. Here's some back to you.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LO Denise!! I love that BoBunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the die cut paper looks here. The pictures and embellies all go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this layout is totally beautiful, i really love it, everything about it. hope i can make LO's like this once i been doing this a bit longer
    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to use my papers!!

    ReplyDelete

~Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments! I read and appreciate each and every one!~